Germany busts Darknet child porn ‘Boystown’ site with 400,000 registered users


BERLIN – German prosecutors announced on Monday that they have busted one of the world’s largest international darknet platforms for child pornography, used by more than 400,000 registered members.

Frankfurt prosecutors said in a statement with the Federal Criminal Police Office that in mid-April three German suspects, who had been called administrators of the “Boystown” platform, were arrested along with a German user. One of the three main suspects was arrested in Paraguay.

He also discovered seven buildings in relation to the porn ring in Germany in mid-April.

Officials said the platform was “one of the world’s largest child pornography darknet platforms” and was the least active since 2019. Pedophiles used it to watch pornography of children and toddlers, most of whom came from all over the world.

Prosecutors wrote that they found “images of the most serious sexual abuse of toddlers” among photos and video material.

The statement said a German police task force investigated the platform, its administrators and users for months in cooperation with Europol and law enforcement officers from the Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, the United States and Canada.

The prosecution statement said the three main suspects were a 40-year-old man from Paderborn, a 49-year-old man from Munich, and a 58-year-old man from northern Germany, who had been living in Paraguay for years. . He worked as the site’s administrator and advised members how to avoid law enforcement when using the platform for illegal child pornography.

A fourth suspect, a 64-year-old man from Hamburg, is accused of being one of the most active users of the platform, having allegedly uploaded more than 3,500 posts.

Germany has requested the extradition of the suspect caught in Paraguay.

No name was given conforming to Germany’s privacy regulations.

After the raid in mid-April, the online platform was shut down.

Germany’s top security officer thanked the officers for their success.

German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer said, “There is a clear message of this investigative success: those who attack the most vulnerable are nowhere safe.” “These investigators work day and night, online and offline, globally.”

He said, “We will do everything within our power to protect children from these hate crimes.”

.

Latest articles

Related articles