Ontario says that when the new school starts in September, students can choose to take all their classes online.
The province says the option will be available for the entire 2021-2022 school year and it will provide more information to parents in the coming months.
The government says it will increase funding to school boards by $ 561 million next year to help reduce epidemic-related costs.
It says it will spend a total of $ 25.6 billion on the education system in 2021-2022 – a 2.2 percent increase from the previous year.
The province says it will allow boards to access its reserves, as it did last year, to ascertain the cost of the epidemic.
It will expand $ 1.6 billion in support of COVID-19, which includes millions of upgrades allowing ventilation, support learning recovery, and flexible staffing.
The government says it will continue funding for the purchase of personal protective equipment, COVID-19 testing and replacement of equipment.
However, there is a caveat that the board should budget for half of those resources during the first half of the year, and the rest of the money depends on vaccine distribution and public health advice.
All schools are currently teaching students online because Ontario lives under a stay-at-home order.
The province on Tuesday registered 2,791 new cases of COVID-19 and 25 more deaths have been linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott said there are 931 cases in Toronto, 653 in the Peel area and 275 in the York area. The data is based on more than 33,700 trials.
The Ministry of Health said that 2,167 people are hospitalized due to the novel coronovirus, with 886 in intensive care and 609 on ventilators.
Ontario said 88,871 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been given since Monday’s report, totaling more than 5.4 million doses in the state.
Sign up for Coronavirus update newsletter To read essential coronavirus news, features, and interpreters of the day written by journalists and editors of the Globe.